Off Melrose is the production shingle of award-winning writer, director, and producer Michael Terrill. We continually write and produce media for a number of Fortune 2000 companies and high profile organizations. Michael’s broad range of expertise covers everything from television to PR, technical material to multimedia, online content to instructional design.
In addition to personally writing brand-supportive and targeted copy, Michael leads a highly skilled team to deliver print media, audio spots, and live action and animated video. Organizations that need gripping material and measurable results repeatedly turn to Off Melrose. Some favorite challenges and successes include:
Design website content, write informational, healthcare, and marketing copy, coordinate photography and video production, and create national print ads for Mayo Clinic Arizona and the Mayo Clinic Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
Produce targeted video segments and creatively direct all video productions related to the 50th anniversary of Barrow Neurological Institute.
Create training, promotional, and planned giving videos and supplementary materials for Dignity Health Systems (Chandler Regional Medical Center, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, and Dignity Health East Valley Foundation).
Develop curriculum and write award-winning training materials and production scripts for NYSE Governance Services (formerly Corpedia, Inc.), an Intercontinental Exchange company providing online and interactive corporate education materials to clients including PepsiCo, Sony, The Priceline Group, Avis, CDW, Coors Brewing Company, Cadbury-Schweppes, RadioShack, Unocal, Toshiba, Xerox, and the Interpublic Group of Companies.
Manage all public communications, PR efforts, and annual events (1,200+ attendees) for the Arizona Alzheimer’s Consortium, a research group comprised of biomedical leaders including Arizona State University, Banner Alzheimer’s Institute, Barrow Neurological Institute, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Banner SunHealth Research Institute, TGen, and University of Arizona.
Write and develop television commercials promoting Subway sandwiches and salads in the Phoenix test market.
Script promotional and motivational corporate videos and commercials for the Ira A. Fulton School of Engineering at Arizona State University, produced by True Story Films.
Script training and event-opener videos for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, produced by Common Knowledge Communications and Small Feat Productions, Ltd.
Write website and collateral marketing material promote multi-builder, master-planned communities such as Tartesso in Phoenix, Arizona, constructed by Stardust Development.
Write direct mail, press releases, brochures, and other marketing/branding copy, and coordinate marketing efforts for Prudential Arizona Properties, part of the Prudential real estate brokerage.
Design and edit instructional modules and other university-level curriculum related to semiconductor manufacturing, PC architecture, and electronics for the Maricopa Advanced Technology Education Center, in association with the Maricopa Community Colleges, the National Science Foundation, and Intel.
Manage instructional design and write interactive production scripts for FlexTech, Universal Technical Institute’s e-learning supplement program for automotive technician training.
Manage corporate communications for Sandra Marsh and Associates, an international film agency representing Academy Award® and Emmy® award-winning artists. Communications efforts contributed to the production of such films as Spider-Man, Signs, Chocolat, The Village, and Entrapment.
Pitch story concepts, structure episodes, and write scripts for the syndicated weekly television series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, produced by Paramount Pictures.
Script an award-winning motivational video on “The Challenge of Leadership” for Convergys, produced by Opening Moments Media.
Write animation scripts for a suite of K-6th grade educational modules for Pearson Digital Learning.
Produce, write, and edit media kits and press releases for PR powerhouse Clein+White, Inc., regarding high-profile clients, including independent films and home video release campaigns for films including My Best Friend’s Wedding, Stepmom, and The Lost World: Jurassic Park.
- 2014 Platinum Remi Award, Best 60-Minute TV Program, Houston International Film Festival for “Be With Me” (writer, director, producer)
- 2014 Best Feature Documentary, Richmond International Film Festival for “Be With Me” (writer, director, producer)
- 2014 Audience Choice Award, Documentary, Richmond International Film Festival for “Be With Me” (writer, director, producer)
- 2013 Best Documentary Short Subject, Atlanta International Documentary Film Festival for “Be With Me” (writer, director, producer)
- 2012 Gold Medal, Brandon Hall Research Excellence in Learning Award for “Sony Computer Entertainment America: Code of Conduct” for Sony and Corpedia, Inc. (scriptwriter)
- 2009 Silver Medal, Brandon Hall Research Excellence in Learning Award for “Interpublic Group Code of Conduct: Integrity Squares” for Interpublic Group of Companies and Corpedia, Inc. (scriptwriter)
- 2007 Silver Medal, Brandon Hall Research Excellence in Learning Award for “Business Ethics in Action: Winning for Your Clients, Your Company, and Yourself” for Interpublic Group of Companies and Corpedia, Inc. (scriptwriter)
- 2005 World Medal, New York Festivals International Film and Video Awards for “The Challenge of Leadership: It’s Up To Us” for Opening Moments Media and Convergys Corporation (scriptwriter)
- 2004 Best Corporate Motivational Video Script, Media Communications Association International for “The Challenge of Leadership: It’s Up To Us” for Opening Moments Media and Convergys Corporation (scriptwriter)